Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fruit Salad Brownies

I've been eating some seriously healthy food lately, and anything that isn't healthy, makes me wanna yammy.  Like the quesadilla burger I had the other day... woof, way too much grease. 

Anyway, I have a major sweet tooth... but we all know hitting up the cupcake shop everyday isn't gonna do the trick, and I could do froyo... but let's be honest, I basically put a cupcake on my froyo.  PS did you hear Orange Leaf has a "No Bake Cookie" flavor right now?  YUM. 

Ahem, anyway... 

So I made some brownies with some serious fruits and veggies packed in, and you CAN'T EVEN TELL.
 

Here's the 411: (the recipe is a little bit whackadoodle because I cut my original plan by a quarter.) 

Ingredients:
1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 large banana mashed
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups finely shredded or grated zucchini (one large)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips

I grated the zucchini with a food processor and then threw everything in my trusty Kitchenaid (except the chocolate chips) (those go on top) (okay, do that now). 

It all goes in a big old pan and ya bake it at 350 for 20ish minutes. 

Cut it in 12 pieces and pour a big glass of milk. 


And now look at these adorable kids at this wedding we went to this weekend!  Too cute!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment