Friday, June 29, 2012

Homemade Chicken Stock

It has been hotter than hot here in the Midwest lately.  I'm talking 110 heat index, yuck. 

So naturally, I've been eating warm, comfort foods... what?! Yes... That's what I've been craving.  Stick to your ribs sort of warm soups and meat. 

So here's a little peak into my daily dinners... 

Minute steak and smashed potatoes covered with gravy.


Homemade "Hamburger Helper" with couscous and aged Gouda.


Vegetables and dumpling soup in homemade stock! (The dumplings are just cut-up biscuits)


The stock was SO SIMPLE.  I put the frozen chicken carcass from my roasted chicken along with some veggies I had collected into my crock pot.  I filled it with about 8 cups of water and 2 T white vinegar.  I left it in the crock pot overnight (about 12 hours) and then strained the water into my Tupperware.


8 cups of perfect stock.  I made some soup and froze the rest!

Take that Food Network stars that all have your own packaged chicken stock.  I got it for free from stuff I would have normally thrown away.  






No comments:

Post a Comment