Monday, July 9, 2012

Chinese Coleslaw

This is one of my all-time favorite pot luck grabs, but I've never made it before.  While I was searching recipes for my mini cabbage that I got in my CSA, I stumbled upon a recipe for Chinese Coleslaw. 


I'm not going to lie to you, this was BY FAR the most inexpensive recipe I've made in a long time.  The Ramen Noodles were 2 for 59 cents, the cabbage was in my CSA and I found a sweet deal on sliced almonds for 99 cents!

Chinese Coleslaw adapted from Brown Eyed Baker

1 thinly sliced mini cabbage (about the size of a softball)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
1 (3-ounce) package Ramen noodles, crushed
For the Dressing:
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/6 cup white vinegar (I halved the recipe.... So just eyeball it. I know no one has 1/6 measuring cup)
1/2 seasoning packet from the Ramen noodles.  I like the flavor of the recipe without much packaged seasonings. 

1. In a large bowl, mix together the cabbage, almonds, green onions and crushed Ramen noodles.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, vinegar and seasoning packet until well blended.
3. Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mixture and toss until it is evenly distributed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

I suggest making this at least an hour before you want to eat it so the noodles soften up a little.

1 comment:

  1. Sure! Thanks for reading. I'm excited to try some of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete