Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Summer 'Do and Some Yummy Potato Salad

I've been growing my hair since I was in New Orleans a few years ago, so it was getting LONG, and a little unruly.   I was finding my self putting it in a ponytail, and getting scorching hot while I was blowdrying it, so I decided to get it chopped off. 

I'm going to donate my locks to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program. Somebody's gonna love being a ginger!


Snip, snip!  A little shorter than I was expecting....  But after a few minor melt downs, I found peace with my new do.



I found this recipe for Potato Salad with Caramelized Onions & Roasted Chile Vinaigrette while I was getting my hair cut, I looked it up on Better Homes & Gardens' website and edited it a little bit to fit what I had in my fridge. 

I didn't have any roasted chiles, and I didn't want a bunch of heat on this 100 degree 4th of July, so I used a sprinkle of mild chile powder. 


 In their place, I added two cobs of boiled sweet corn.  Much more my style. 


Check out those adorable little meatloaf balls.  I just made some meatloaf and baked it in mini muffin tins.  First of all, I love mini anything, second of all, they cook much quicker, which means less time the oven is on during these scorching July weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment