Friday, August 24, 2012

Greek-Inspired Chicken Wrap

I've just had a great day today!  Do you ever have those?  It's Friday, I woke up early to have breakfast with my boyfriend, I went on a 4-mile run/walk around Grey's Lake, I made a GREAT lunch, my hair looks phenomenal, and I have a great weekend planned full of cupcakes, volunteering, Fantasy Football Drafting and a hot date. 

The delicious lunch I speak of was a Greek-inspired chicken wrap complete with a tasty tzatziki sauce. 

I marinated 2 hormone-antibiotic free chicken breasts (one for today, one for later) in:
1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and pepper

And then I slapped that baby on the mini Foreman and took a shower.

I really did take a shower... How else was I supposed to fit that all in before I went to work?!

The tasty Tzatziki is:
1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 cucumber shredded and rung out.  You want to get as much liquid out as possible
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 Tablespoon of white wine


I layered some chopped chicken with the Tzatziki sauce, some thinly sliced onions and diced tomato on a tortilla. 

It could have used some feta... but everything's better with cheese, amiright?


No comments:

Post a Comment