Monday, May 19, 2014

Grilled Flatbread

I have been doing pretty well with my sugar/clean eating challenge.  I did slip up a little bit this weekend going to a Pampered Chef party and scarfing a slice of cake.  But in my defense, it was smores cake, with gooey chocolate and graham crackers and marshmallows...  Not just a slice of chocolate cake.  

And then today, I went to an event called chocolate connection... and I controlled myself pretty well, taking just a few small pieces of chocolate.  Until I won the door prize... a giant box of Chocolaterie Stam Chocolates.  Yeah... a whole... giant... box...

So I packed that up and put it in the back of my freezer in a big plastic bag.  It's there motivating me to make it through the 10 weeks and come out on the other side a little less obsessed.

Now, on to something a little less sweet.  Grilled flatbread!

I wanted to call this post "grilled pizza" but I didn't use any mozzarella on the top of it, so I couldn't, with a straight face, call this pizza.  It was, however, borderline better.  *Gasp*


When you're grilling a pizza, make sure to spray the side you're going to put down first, grill it for a bit, and then flip it and top the grilled side with sauce and goodies.  


I used a chunky sugar-free spaghetti sauce with tons of garlic and herbs and some chunks of artichokes.  And then I grilled some veggies and topped it all with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.  In all honesty, to make it a pizza, just put some mozzarella cheese on there and close the grill.  Mmmmm.


After a few bites, I added a shmear of hummus...  sheer bliss.  

And guess what? I have 1 1/2 pizzas left. MWA HAHAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment