Thursday, August 17, 2017

Drip Cakes!

I started seeing drip cakes pop up a few years ago, but I didn't know what the drip was.  I tried almond bark, but it would harden before it dripped, because I chilled my cakes after frosting them.  I had made a batch of sugar cookies with royal icing, so I gave that a try and loved it.  It's easy to color with gel colors, and the drips are shiny and beautiful.

"Traditional" drip cakes (whatever that means) use a chocolate or white chocolate ganache.  You can see that in the three cakes with a chocolate drip.  I say, use whatever you want.

Find more photos of my goodies at @butterybunbakerydsm and @alisa_who on Instagram.

S'mores cake

2017 Blue Ribbon Winner at the Iowa State Fair

2017 Third Place winner at the Iowa State Fair





No comments:

Post a Comment