Friday, September 16, 2011

Sequins for the Emmys

I'm trying to get better at blogging every day, in hopes that I'll begin to participate in blog-worthy activities.
Today I went looking for a dress for the Emmys. No, not THOSE Emmys... The Upper Midwest Emmys in Minneapolis next weekend.
Luckily Younkers was having a Goodwill sale! (I can hear my mom now... "She actually brought clothes to Goodwill instead of shopping there!)
You bring in some clothes for Goodwill to Younkers and they give you a 20% off coupon for each item of clothing. I had just edited my wardrobe so I brought a pair of jeans, a shirt and 3 t-shirts I was planning to bring to GW anyway.
I wandered around because there was a Jessica Simpson dress I had my eye on, but it was $168.I ended up getting a similar $129 Calvin Klein dress (similar only because it's sequined) for $40. I'm morning the lack of sleeves, and I wish it was a smidge shorter. But I love it more and more every time I show it to someone.
Now if only I could get my hands on these babies:

2 comments: