Thursday, September 15, 2011

Zombie Burger and Back to School?

Today I finally got to check out the new Zombie Burger in the East Village. My old friend Katie and I relived the college rec center glory days while my friend Jason ate as quickly as he could.
The burgers were okay. And the shake was alright. But I think I was expecting more because of all the hype. It's definitely the new "it" place.
The burgers seemed like Smashburger burgers, with the same flavor combos (fried stuff and blue cheese, caramelized onions...) but not quite as juicy. And the fries were shoestring (just like Smashburger) but they didn't have that delicious Smashburger butter/herb sauce all over them. I'll also say, I had a hard time finding a "healthy" burger. And by that I mean, a burger with bacon=healthy compared to their bacon=chicken fried. I would have opted for more fresh ingredients and less cheese balls (literally and figuratively). PS, neither a fried macaroni and cheese bun nor 2 grilled cheese sandwiches are acceptable for a lunch burger in my book.
The shake was a "chocolate cake shake" and I was expecting bits of chocolate cake and icing ala Portillo's in Chicagoland.
Anyway, I think the lesson learned is; Hungry? Go to Smashburger. Less of a crowd and more of what I want.
Want to see and be seen? Go to Zombie Burger.
I won't make less of this one little factoid though... They have a full bar at Zombie Burger.

I got to work today and my coworker said I looked like a back to school ad. I suppose my outfit is pretty "All American".

"Back to School"

No comments:

Post a Comment