Monday, October 17, 2011

Pinterest Crayon Project

 I saw a picture on Pinterest that said, 'I Actually Made Something I Found On Pinterest!'.  Well, I've made a lot of food I've found on Pinterest.  And this Crayon project is ALL OVER Pinterest.  I fell in love with it the moment I found it.  And I had some white-washed boards that had been sitting around for MONTHS just waiting for a painting.  

So I started by hot-gluing the crayons to the top of the board.  I bought a 64 pack plus another 24 pack and took out most of the blacks and browns.  I used some grays to flank each side of the picture and I kinda wish I didn't.  But I still love it. 
Then I used the blowdryer on high and hot and melted the Crayons.  They start to get shiney and start to drip.  I had to adjust the angle of the board so it didn't drip as quickly.  
  My mom thought the hot glue was going to melt, but it held up.  

I went over the big glops with the dryer to kinda break them up.


I love the way it looks.  My friend called while I was doing it and she said one of our other friends did it last week... So maybe everyone will have one.  But I still love it.  And it was easy as pie.

Not sure if I'm going to leave it on my stand or hang it.


More Pinterest projects to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment