Sunday, December 18, 2011

12 Ways of Giving: Collection Plate

Today I walked past an opportunity to "give" by scraping some windows before I headed to church.  I didn't do it because I was afraid I'd get yelled at for touching someone's car...  And turns out, it was 50 degrees today.  So the frost melted by the time I got back anyways. 
But I did put some cashola in the collection plate today.  However... I wasn't listening very well.  I thought I was contributing to the Christmas collection.  But I guess I was just putting it in for the normal Sunday pass-the-plate.  Which is fine.  But it doesn't make for a very good blog. 
I won't be there for the Christmas collection on Christmas Eve... But here are the details: 50% will go to start a benevolence fund to meet the needs of the people in our church, and the other 50% will go to the under served in our neighborhood through Hope Ministries, Freedom for Youth and Wildwood Hills Ranch. (This is at Gateway Church downtown.) 
I'm a little nervous about my 12 deeds getting done.  But I'm keeping my eyes open for ways to give back without spending too much money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment