Wednesday, December 14, 2011

12 Ways of Giving: Christmas Goodies

For my latest "act of goodness" I made some cookies for my neighbors.  I hardly ever see the people across the hall, so I decided to drop some off to them and maybe extend the olive branch.  There's also a guy who lives around the corner from me who has cancer.  So I hung a bag of cookies on his door knob. 
Tomorrow I'm going to drop a few more plates downstairs for the awesome maintenance guys in my building. 
The cookies are a mix of some internet recipes and my grandma's recipes. 
For those who don't know, my grandma passed away on Monday, and it seems like everyone went home and immediately made cookies.  My grandma used to have a freezer in the garage full of perfectly packaged cookies.  The whole town of Nevada would come and get cookies from her freezer.  And her cookies won all kinds of awards at the Iowa State Fair. 
The cookies of hers that I made were Sugar Roses, Nut Bars and German Chocolate Cookies.  I found a Bobby Flay Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe on  foodnetwork.com that I'm not in love with, but I like them enough for them to be dangerous in my freezer...  And then I made some Almond Bark Covered Pretzels to pull it all together.  The plates were full and looked delicious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment