Monday, February 27, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Salmon over Linguini and a Chocolate Souffle

I love making extravagant meals and baked goods.  But when I cook for myself I keep it pretty simple.  This week I decided to make a fancy dinner for my bf and I.

On the menu was parmesan crusted salmon, linguini with marinara, roasted asparagus, garlic bread and a chocolate souffle.
I started with the souffles. I got the recipe from Alton Brown.  I know a  good souffle needs some science to back it up, and Alton's got what it takes.
I made the salmon just like I would a chicken parm.  Drenched the filets in flour, a quick egg dip and then covered them with seasoned bread crumbs and some parmesan cheese.   I browned both sides in some olive oil and put it in the oven the filets were cooked through.  When I took them out, I topped them with a little dill.  Dill and salmon are such a perfect pair.  I couldn't resist. 

The linguini seemed  fancier than plain ol' spaghetti.   I simmered some bottled sauce for an hour while everything else cooked.  That thickens the sauce up to stick to the noodles a little better. 

I just drizzled the asparagus with some olive oil and sprinkled some sesame seeds over them before roasting.    

This was one of the best meals I've eaten in a long time, and... except for the exceptionally sweet souffles, the bf really seemed to love it.

I will agree, the souffles were very sweet.  And after such a rich meal, dessert wasn't as delicious as  it should have been.

I think there are a lot more home cooked date nights in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment