Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chocolate Cupcakes with 7 Minute Frosting

After a little jeep crisis, I went to Ames to spend the afternoon with my little cousin.  I made her tie-dye cupcakes for her birthday, and after she ate them she said I should be on Cupcake Wars. 
So, I told her I would come over and we would have our own cupcake war during Spring Break.
 So we made some chocolate cupcakes with my grandma's favorite 7 minute frosting.  My grandma puts this on all of the cakes she makes... And it tastes like fluffy marshmallow cream.  

We also painted some adorable bird houses.  I bought these for $1 at JoAnne's right before I headed to Ames.  Great buy! 
My cousin's is on the right.  I personally think hers ROCKS.  I love the clouds on the roof!
But anyway... back to the cupcakes. 

Just made a simple chocolate cupcake.  I can't even remember where we got the recipe.  But any chocolate cupcake works with this white 7 minute frosting. 

Frosting: 

Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 4 egg whites, room temperature
  • 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Put all of the ingredients except the vanilla in a double boiler and whip with a handheld mixer for seven minutes.  I didn't time it, but I think it might have been a little longer than 7 minutes. 

It will be light and fluffy.  Add the vanilla and some food coloring.
Swirl the good stuff on!
Nom nom.  These were tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment