Friday, May 25, 2012

Day 9! Local Restaurants, and a tip for Hypochondriacs.

So I mentioned that I ate out way more than I was intending last week... So I went ahead and ate out twice today... 

Breakfast was a rush.  I just peeled an egg and took it to go. 

I went shopping today at Gateway and Campbells Nutrition.  I think I got a little spoiled at Wheatsfield, because they mark the local food really clearly, so I could identify some yogurt and BBQ sauce that I might not have known were from Iowa. 

I picked up a tomato, ice cream, Kalona peach yogurt and ground beef...  Hopefully I can score some good finds at the market tomorrow, or I'll be a hungry lady. 

I also got some cheese and prosciutto at the Cheese Shop.  Love the people there. They are so friendly and helpful!

After my failed attempt at a quick grocery run, my mom picked me up and we went shopping!  I got some great finds, including this $25 dress that was originally $70!


For lunch I talked her into trying Zombie Burger. I've been there many, many times, but she hadn't tried it yet.  I got the Raygun, a burger with pepper jack, caramelized onions, guac, and breaded jalapeno strips.  Mmmmmmmm. 


I added a chocolate Nutella shake (non-alcoholic)... because, why wouldn't you? The server was confused when I didn't want to add a side of fries.  Oy!

 
Not an everyday thing, but an awesome, new, hip, local restaurant. 


Zombie wasn't our first choice... We got drenched running to Sakari Sushi Lounge, only to find out it was CLOSED! Who closes at lunch time?? ahem... 2 pm...

So I ordered takeout from Sakari later for dinner... I had a working dinner planned with my coworker Brandon, so we picked it up and brought it back to the station to discuss a project we have in mind.
 

White tuna nigiri and spicy white tuna roll.  Their white tuna is the consistency of mashed potatoes... it just melts in your mouth!


I've been a little out of it the last few days.  I felt dizzy when I woke up on Wednesday, and then last night I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and I got so dizzy that I nearly blacked out.  I actually called First Nurse once I got some blood flowing back to my brain.

First Nurse is an awesome central Iowa resource.  If you've never heard of it, I encourage you to write the number down somewhere handy.  They will answer 24-7 and can talk you through most illnesses and give you advice like whether or not you should call 911 or make a doctor's appointment in the near future.  It's like having a best friend nurse that will answer at all hours of the night!  It's a great resource for people with kids who get sick in the middle of the night, or people who live alone and are hypochondriacs...

She basically told me I just sat up too fast, and maybe had some low blood sugar.  I can't help but wonder if I have "a bit of a bug" as my mom would call it. 

Either way, tomorrow is the Farmer's Market! My cousin Anna is coming with me! I love having a CSA waiting for me.  I don't have to worry that all the good produce will be gone, it's all waiting for me in a bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment