Friday, June 15, 2012

Abs Diet-Superfood-Power Salad

An assortment of lettuces and greens have been showing up in my CSA since the start, so I've been trying to create as many funky salads as I can to consume it all.  Not until this week was I completely successful in eating my entire CSA before I picked up the next one!
This is what was in my CSA this week:
  • 2 heads fresh garlic
  • Small bag arugula
  • 1 bunch radish 
  • Green butterhead lettuce
  • 2 bunches mixed chioggia & golden beets
I used  the garlic for my chicken, nibbled around the radish (can't quite get the hang of the spicy flavor) roasted the beets with some potatoes and used all the arugula and butterhead lettuce in salads.

My salad today was particularly delicious.  I had to share it.

Arugula and butterhead tossed, blueberries, green onions, chicken, asparagus, salsa, some aged Gouda cheese and a hard boiled egg.

I tried to find an article touting all of these foods as superfoods, but one article would have three of them, and the next would have another three...  So I'd say between the leafy greens and berries, protein packed eggs and lean chicken, this is an "abs diet-superfood-power salad" if I've ever seen one.  


On another note, can we talk about my awesome friends?  I was on a little walk to get some TP (I got one ply... big mistake), and my friend Amber pulled up in front of me and let me know she left me a little gift at my front door. 

At the same time, I get a text from my friend Elizabeth saying, "Note the "made in Iowa".  Now we just need local wine to take to Council Bluffs and we are golden." 


Your wish is my command... 

Amber dropped off a bottle of local wine to ease the pain of a rough day. 

What good friends. 

I can't wait to go to Council Bluffs/Omaha with Elizabeth and Mr. Sam next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment