Friday, June 22, 2012

Check out my visit to the zoo!

 I came down with a wicked case of strep throat this week, so I haven't been doing much cooking.  So instead, I am posting pictures of adorable animals from the Henry Doorley Zoo.

First, this monkey was hanging up close and personal. One guy was feeding him grapes! Right next to the sign that said to not feed them...


meow


We heard something that sounded like a baby crying, and then we came across these guys, just wandering around on the walk ways and on top of garbage cans.  


There were rumors of a brand new baby seal, so we had to go track it down and we got there just in time for feedings.  


They even did tricks! 


And there's the wittle bitty babay!!!


We rode the little sky lift.  It was pretty cool to be above all the animals.  But I'm sure it looked to them like we were just fresh meat dangling just out of reach.  




I didn't make it to the aquarium last time I was at the zoo, so I made sure to check it out this time. 






This is one of my favorite pictures.  I had to wait a little bit for this big one to come out of hiding. 




By the time we got to the rainforest, the 6-year-old we were with was losing it, and honestly, so were we... So we power walked through it.  



The zoo was fun! And strep is not. 




No comments:

Post a Comment