Thursday, July 12, 2012

These are a few of my favorite blogs.


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite blogs

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite blogs

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs
These are a few of my favorite blogs

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite blogs
And then I don't feel so bad




I love the Petite Athlete for her inspiring workouts

This is not part of my usual workout...
and fun Paleo-friendly recipes.  I'm not Paleo myself, but I like the concept.

There's a waffle in there somewhere.



When in DSM is a hilarious Tumblr that you will absolutely get if you live in the DSM.

Hilarious-ness.  Prepare to laugh HARD.


 Espresso and Cream is the blog of Madison Mayberry, who was on "Hey, Can You Cook?", a segment on the Rachel Ray show.  She lives here in the metro and works for Meredith.  She always has great recipes and thoughtful posts. Plus, her pictures are to DIE FOR.  She could make a peanut and butter sandwich look crave-able. 

It's Ice Cream Week at Madison's blog... Get out of town!

My friend Natalie recently made a recipe I've been dying over...  Marshmallow popcorn.  It is like rice crispy treats in popcorn form.  YUM.  You can read all about it, and her other yummy food adventures, here. 

Give me this


Macke Monologues  is a blog of a former co-worker of mine.  She blogs adorable pics of her son and really easy recipes.  All around, she does some fun stuff.



And finally, my mom and dad have blogs.  My mom's is mostly wine related.  She is a Wine Shop at Home consultant.  It's basically a tupperware party with wine.  Brilliant!


This looks like a sangria is going to happen soon. 



And my dad's blog is all about being a 62-year old lifeguard at the aquatic center in Ames.


He never has pictures...Even though I tell him everyday he should put pictures in his blog... 


*Each picture is from the corresponding blog... get it? cool. 


2 comments: