Saturday, July 14, 2012

Snickerdoodles and Mac & Cheese Day

I was in a baking mood late last night, (think 1:00 am).  I knew my parents were coming to bottle my beer in the morning (wasn't quite ready yet... waiting for Monday or Tuesday) and I know my dad LOVES these cookies.


They're super quick and easy to make, and the dough is one of my FAVORITES.  Sometimes cookie dough is a little too salty, but this one is salty-sweet perfection. That's probably why they almost-raw cookies are so good.  You know what I mean... that first tray of cookies that you keep peaking at and they just aren't getting done and you're desperate for a ooey gooey bite of warm sugar and cinnamon...  Yeah, that first tray came out a little early.  But those are my favorites. 

Snickerdoodles

1 cup butter (the original recipe calls for shortening...)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
1/4 cup cinnamon-sugar mixture

Cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs. Blend in milk and vanilla. Sift in dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in chopped nuts. Form dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on cookie sheets and lightly flatten with bottom of tumbler. Bake in 350°oven10-12 minutes. Yield: 3 dozen

Make sure to bring these to your coworkers...  They will love you forever. 

So, according to the Cheese Shop, it's Mac & Cheese day!


Now, I'm not calling anybody a liar, and I'm not saying this was a ploy to get cheese-hungry lunch-goers into the cheese shop on a sentimental basis....


But according to statessymbolsusa.org, today is NOT National Mac & Cheese Day.  Today doesn't even have a specified delicacy.  They skip from Pecan Pie day on the 12th to Tapioca Pudding day on the 15th! 

I'm extra peeved at this site because they skip right over my birthday!

It is kinda a fun site though, check it out and let me know what delicious delight is designated for your day!

And, don't bother me on the 18th, I'll be celebrating National Caviar Day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment