Monday, September 17, 2012

Fun Weekends and a Fajita Salad

What a weekend! I drug my bf all around Ames to meet some college buddies and my childhood bestie who was in town from Cali. 


I had to recharge with some serious noms.  And with this Paleo lifestyle, I've gotten creative. 

Introduce, chicken fajita salad... UM, YUM!


1/2 onion
1 bell pepper
1 Tomato
1/2 chicken breast
lettuce

Seasoning:
sprinkle in some....
Chili powder
Salt
Paprika
onion powder
garlic powder
cayenne pepper
cumin

Now, I know that's an extensive list, but I had it all in my seasoning bucket, so I think you might too.  Plus, if you don't have something, leave it out... call it your secret seasoning, like Emeril... BAM! Remember that?

So, I cooked up a ton of onions and peppers with the seasoning, because they keep really well.  I don't feel like leftover chicken is ever very good, and it's so easy and quick to cook, so I cook that in ready-to-serve batches.

So saute the onions and peppers in some olive oil and the seasonings.  The oil will dry up and you'll be left with what looks like a burnt pan....  This is when you slice a tomato in half and rub it around the pan with a little more oil.  The "burnt" will start to break up and create a beautiful sauce.

Then you can add the chicken and cook it while the tomato breaks down into a sauce.

Put it all over some lettuce, and you have a delicious salad. 


I audibly said, "mmmmm" when I ate this.


And I didn't miss the tortilla at all.

On another note...  I went to the ISU game this weekend, and I had great seats!

Until this girl decided she was going to protest sitting and be the only one in the section CONSTANTLY standing.  She didn't even really cheer... She just stood there with her arms crossed. 


"No, the team plays better when I'm standing here in silence."

We stood up on 3rd down, or when there was a great play, or when they were close to scoring....  But not during timeouts and every 3-and-out....

2 comments:

  1. Jack Trice looks AMAZING! What I wouldn't give to get to a game... And I probably would have given that girl a little piece of my mind. Just sayin' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gave me an excuse to snuggle up close to my hunny... I wasn't entirely peeved.

      Delete