Thursday, September 13, 2012

You Tarzan, Me Hungry!

So, if you know me, you know that I love fad eating crazes.  I've done a cayenne pepper lemonade fast (even after my friend told me 1/4 TABLESPOON instead of 1/4 teaspoon), ate local for 50 days, tried pescatarian (vegetarian plus fish), I even dabbled in Slimfast when I lived in Chicago... but that was mostly because I left for the gym at 6:00 in the morning and didn't have the energy to put together a lunch. 
I don't do these so much for the weight loss, although that's not the worst side effect they could have, I do them because I'm always convinced it's the best way to live healthy (except the slimfast...)
Well, my most recent interest isn't so far off from what people have been saying for years... cut out flour and sugar. 
It's a paleo diet. 
The idea is to be eating like the cavemen ate... 
The challenge is the Whole Life Challenge.  It's a mostly paleo diet with a few tweaks.  I found out about it from Petite Athleat.  A blog I've been falling in love with lately. 
I was planning on cutting flour and refined sugar, and this challenge came around at just the right time.  There are prizes involved... so you know I'm gonna kick it up a notch.  And I have my first two weeks planned out! It doesn't seem too tough. 
Here's the plan: Menu
Note that the "rice" is actually cauliflower, and I have some great recipes in store for the next two weeks! 

I'll need some serious empathy during all of this, because I have a feeling my sugar/flour detox is gonna come back to bite me in the rear. 

8 weeks of eating like a cavewoman! 

2 comments:

  1. Yikes. Good luck with all that. Be sure to skip any food posts I have in the next 8 weeks. I'm next to positive none will fall within your diet challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete