Friday, March 28, 2014

I'm going NUTS

Life is getting a little nuts... (pun intended). We just got back from Puerto Rico, and I have a lot of work to do, I'm getting some big summer orders in for the Buttery Bun Bakery, and my mailbox is filled with wedding, shower, party invitations! I chipped a little hole in my igloo last month so people could send snacks through, and Summer is officially peaking through it. 

I've been storing nuts this winter like a little squirrel.  I got a big box of nuts from Fisher when I was a finalist in their Fresh Twist contest (Check out my recipe!). And for some reason I still pick up a bag of almonds or pistachios every time I'm at the store.  Anyway, I'm not complaining.  I love me some nuts, and they're so easy to add to salads or desserts...  This stash will be gone before the corn is knee high by the 4th of July! 

I pinned a few ideas, but here are just a few more that I'll be whipping up this month:

Wholesome Granola Bars
Granola bars always get me.  They are just the perfect snack to toss in my purse.

fishernuts.com
Rosemary and Sweet Potato Casserole
Rosemary... mmmmm, Sweet potatoes... mmmmm. 


 Spinach Walnut Pesto from Rachel Ray
 You usually think of a pesto made with pine nuts and basil... but if you know anything about me, you know that I'll try to make blueberry muffins without the blueberries.  I just make it work! I'm the Tim Gunn of cooking.  Well, I always have spinach and I always have walnuts, so this recipe works for me and my pantry! 

Fisher has a new product out that I need to get my hands on...  Fisher Nut Exactly.  I love a good cluster.  Anyone want to take me to Costco to get some?  mkaythanks. 

fishernuts.com




All of this said, and I'm sitting here just chomping on a bag of plain almonds.  I'm a pretty simple girl... no, actually I'm not simple at all.  Give me those clusters!


*Note* Fisher reached out and asked if I had any fun ideas to share on social media about nuts, but all the opinions are 100% my own

No comments:

Post a Comment