Monday, March 17, 2014

Two For One: Ginger Garlic Chicken with Roasted Veggies

I generally make enough food for an army... and then by the time I get done eating it I never want to see it again.  So a recipe that I can eat in a few different ways will go a long ways with my patience. 

This recipe was a simple concept kicked up with some flava flav. 

Ginger Garlic Chicken with Roasted Veggies
1 Chicken Breast
2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
A big pan of roasted vegetables
-1 Sweet potatoes
-1 Onion
-1 Summer Squash
-3 Carrots
1 Tbsp Asian Sesame Salad Dressing
Grated Ginger
Minced Garlic

I marinated the Chicken Breast in Asian Sesame Dressing, about a teaspoon of grated ginger and one minced garlic clove and a drizzle of olive oil for 30 minutes while I prepped my veggies to roast.

The roasted veggies were topped with some more olive oil, grated ginger and minced garlic, salt and pepper and roasted in a 400 degree oven until they were soft in the middle and brown on the outside.  Half of the sweet potato ended up disappearing into my mouth.  IMO, roasted sweet potato is a gift from God. 

While the veggies cooked, I sauteed the chicken until it was cooked through and had a pretty brown crust on the outside.  (As a note, if I was having this for dinner, I would have cooked up two chicken breasts since it's being split in two, but the fact is, I only had one in the fridge, so that's what I used and I was happy eating a few more veggies to fill me up). 

The end result was a beautiful plate topped with a little fresh grated Parmesan cheese.


BUT WAIT! There's more! 

I knew I was going to have plenty of leftovers, so I added an egg and a tablespoon of soy sauce (a little goes a long way) and sauteed up some fried rice!  Topped with cilantro... yum.


Leftover fried rice is bananas... I took a bite of it just to make sure all the flavors were there, and I got really excited for dinner. 

I actually had planned on grabbing something from Subway or some sushi to relax after work and watch the ISU game, but now, I'm just going to destroy these leftovers.  Go State! 

No comments:

Post a Comment