Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Feta and Olive Pinwheels

I love a good puff pastry dessert... so it stands to reason that I would love a good puff pastry app, and I DO!  This recipe comes from a cold pasta salad recipe my friend makes with feta, olives, spinach and some other goodies.  It's a winning combination, and so is this pinwheel!

Ingredients:
1/2 block of feta
2/3 cup whole Kalamata Olives
1 sheet puff pastry

I started by laying out the puff pastry flat.  And then I pulsed the feta and olives in a food processor to make smaller chunks, and spread it over the puff pastry.


Then I rolled up each side.  I also made one where I rolled it all the way from one side.  Both were delicious.


I used some unflavored dental floss to slice the roll cinnamon roll style in 1/4" thick slices.


Baked them for 15 minutes, until they were golden brown around the edges.  They were a big hit at the party!


Those layers are calling my name... I would eat nearly anything stuffed in a puff pastry...  Sundried tomatoes with mozz cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon... 


The possibilities are endless.  Just take something you like (spinach and artichokes?) And chop them up and roll 'em up in a pinwheel.  Easy and impressive app. 

No comments:

Post a Comment