Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Operation Clean Pantry

I've never been the type to buy a bunch of canned goods and store them away for a rainy day.  When can drives come along, I have to make a special trip to the store because I don't have any chili beans or spaghetti-o's just sitting around in my pantry.  I usually make a grocery list based on what I'm going to make that week, and when the week is over, my pantry is bare. 

But lately I've been throwing the weekly menus to the side and eating my fair share of Subway sandwiches instead of getting the kitchen and using my groceries.  So I find myself left with some frozen meat and random pastas and rices.  So instead of making a grocery list this week, I went in and organized the food I already have into meals for this week. 

Here's what I have:
Meat:
Pork chop
Salmon filet
2 servings of Shrimp
3 servings of Ground Turkey

In the fridge: 
8 eggs
Black beans
Lettuce
Spinach
Green Pepper
Salsa
Frozen vegetable medley
Cheese
Red Pasta Sauce

In my pantry:
3 sweet potatoes
1 onion
Orzo
Lentils
Brown Rice
Pasta
Canned tomatoes

Here are my meal plans:
Grilled Pork Chop with Sweet Potato Fries and Brown Rice
Grilled Salmon with Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Shrimp Skewers with Onions and Green Peppers and a side of Lentils
Shrimp Skewers with a side of brown rice
Southwest Scrambled Eggs (salsa/black beans/cheese) with Sweet Potato Hash (twice)
Pasta with Ground Turkey and Red Sauce (twice)
Vegetable Fried Rice (twice)
Taco Salad

That's 11 solid meals!  Getting me through Sunday night with one meal at a restaurant, and nothing really fancy!  These are meals we can all do, with apparently just what I have in my pantry!


No comments:

Post a Comment