Friday, October 28, 2011

She's a vegetarian...


I’ve been working out like a crazy person lately (pretty on par with my life) and I don’t seem to be losing any lbs. 
I’ve always been very athletic, playing sports every season, bla bla bla… But I don’t really look like an athlete. 
I will say I notice changes in my body when I’m committed to certain exercise regiments… like when I rode RAGBRAI I noticed my quads were solid gold.  And I went to do one of my least favorite moves (pushups) on Wednesday and noticed I could actually do a real pushup! On my toes! 
Now, I’m not going to sit here and pretend that I don’t know why I have a little extra junk in the trunk…  I like sweets.  I can take down a package of Halloween Oreos in 3.5 days.  I just like food.  I like looking at pictures of food, I like spending 2 hours cooking a meal for my parents, I like telling people about amazing restaurants… 
One thing that makes me a little queasy however, meat that other people have cooked…  I love a grilled steak or a curried salmon.  I have an entire small chicken in my fridge sitting next to three chicken breasts… But I just like to know what the meat looks like before it gets cooked… It’s just a phobia.  Carnophobia if you will. 
I’ve always said I can’t go vegetarian because of my intense love for meat… But in my old age (I’m 26…) I’m starting to wonder if there’s a whole new world out there full of quinoa burgers and tofu that I’m missing out on!
Mean girl side note- there was a girl on my floor in college who was a vegan and ate vegan cookies and pizza and didn’t touch vegetables… She wasn’t fit and fabulous.    
All this said, I’m considering a move to pescatarianism. (I’m a proud sushi junkie.)
So this is my plan: 3 days a week in November I’ll be a pescatarian, 5 days a week in December and if all goes to plan, a full-fledged pescatarian by New Years. 
If you know me, I make crazy plans like this all the time… so stay tuned to see how long this lasts. 
In other, but still slightly related news… here’s what’s on the menu for the next 2 weeks. 
Pumpkin oatmeal- I can’t remember where I got this recipe.  I’ll look for it and get back to you.
Roasted chicken- Hence the entire chicken in my fridge. 
Cajun Chicken Pasta- thepioneerwoman.com
Sweet potato and onion hash with an egg- A pretty customary go-to
Quesadillas- Just cheese.  Slightly over cooked.  Love of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment