This recipe is one of the dishes that caught my eye on the Pioneer Woman's blog. I lived in New Orleans for a bit so I LOVE cajun flavors.
I did, of course, adapt the recipe a little. I didn't want to buy heavy cream and I had a chunk of 1/3 less fat cream cheese... So why not, right? And I used far less chicken and skipped the wine. Not that I don't like cooking with wine, I just like drinking it more.
- 1 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut Into Cubes
- Cajun Spice Mix, To Taste
- 3/4 lb pasta... I kept 1/4 lb because I have some leftover pesto.
- 1 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, Seeded And Sliced
- 1/2 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Sliced
- 1/2 whole Large Onion, Sliced
- Garlic, Minced, To Taste
4 whole Roma Tomatoes, DicedJust wasn't in the mood
- 1 1/2 cups pasta water and 1 bullion cube
1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/3 block of Cream Cheese
- Cayenne Pepper To Taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
- Salt To Taste
- Chopped Fresh Parsley, To Taste
For the step-by-step, go over to Pioneer woman's blog. I'm not in the mood to type that much.
But it was AMAZING. Probably one of the best things I've ever made. And I'm so excited that I have a TON of leftovers for the rest of the weekend.
Adapted from http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/09/cajun-chicken-pasta/
--Also, I did my 3 days of Pescatarian dining this week. Not bad at all! This dish might even rock with some tofu.