Saturday, August 11, 2012

Monkey Bread

I remember eating monkey bread on Friday nights when I was a little girl while we watched some TGIF.  I was a Full House junky!


I've had the biscuits in the fridge since last Friday, and I just couldn't find the right night to bum in front of the Olympics and munch on some crusty cinnamon deliciousness.

It's so easy to do.  I chopped the biscuits in quarters and tossed them with the cinnamon sugar.


And then I put them in a bundt pan that apparently belongs to my grandma...  She called me today and asked if I had it bc she thought my mom had it and my mom threw me under the bus and said I had it.

HOWEVER.  I don't think this is her pan, I think this was my other grandma's and I got it when she passed away last year, so I'm not gonna give it up that easily...

Anyway, I sprayed down the pan and tossed the biscuit chunks in.  I topped it with some more brown sugar and butter and put it in the oven.


It was the perfect way to spend the evening.  Monkey bread as dinner. 


After a 12-mile ride with my friend Emily, I deserved to top it off with more carbs...  


Recipe:
Makes one serving (just kidding.) (I'm not kidding) (yes I am) (or am I?)
2 tubes of whop-it biscuits (you know the kind that you peel and whop to open)
1 cup sugar
1 T cinnamon
4 T butter
1/4 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350
Quarter the biscuits and toss in a bag with sugar and cinnamon. 

Put biscuit chunks in a greased bundt pan.
Heat the butter and brown sugar until melted.
Pour the melted butter/brown sugar mix over the biscuits.
Bake for 20 minutes. 

EAT!

On another note, tomorrow is my little brother's birthday!!  Happy Birthday Jon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment