Sunday, August 12, 2012

What I Didn't Get My Mom

We celebrated my mom's birthday today, and I waited until the last minute to pick up the gift I was going to get... But the store's website said it was open from noon until 5 today, so I was good. 

BUT WAIT.  Apparently during August and the first week in September, they're closed on Sundays...

WHAT?! Really??  Put it on your website. 

So I went to another store next door...  CLOSED

So I went to a book store, they had their "open" sign on, so I went to the door.... LOCKED!!! 

Okay, so the lady ran after me and opened the door, but I didn't find anything. 

So I went to the mall/Target, and here are a few things I did NOT get my mother for her birthday.  (I apologize in advance if you own any of these things...)


A headband with a tiny top hat, netting and a bow.  I did NOT buy that for my mother for her birthday.


A pencil holder with a photo of a fox, a deer or a dog and their tracks.  I did NOT buy that for my mother for her birthday.  Even though it was in the dollar spot.... #Tempting


$4.99 worth of SAND.  Sand.  That is SAND.  In a plastic container.  That they're charging almost $5 for.  I did NOT buy that for my mother for her birthday.

Here's what I did get her:



We're a family of bikers, so I got her this picture frame and I put a family 5K pic on the left and a recent pic of her and my dad on the right. Perfect for the home office!   

Happy Birthday Mama!


1 comment: