Thursday, April 25, 2013

Quinoa Banana Nut Pancakes

I've been trying some healthy recipes lately, and this one is so unique, I had to share it! 

I adapted this recipe from Self Magazine's Drop 10 diet.  I've been getting a lot of great recipes from there lately. 

Quinoa Banana Nut Pancakes (Serves 2)

Ingredients:
1 cup cooked Quinoa
2 egg whites
1 whole egg
2 T brown sugar
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 banana
Handful chopped walnuts

Directions:
Wisk the Quinoa, Eggs, brown sugar and vanilla together.  Add the sliced banana and chopped walnuts and stir.
Cook on a griddle about 3 minutes on each side.  These babies are FRAGILE, but as with any pancake, meat or egg, it starts to release a little when it's ready to be flipped.

A few notes...

When planning to blog a pancake recipe before ever trying it, make sure to make at least 2 batches...  This is what the first one will look like.


Set your griddle to "fish pancakes" setting.  Wait, what?  EW! 


Serve this with some eggs scrambled with onions and peppers and a little cheese.  


On another note, look at this awesome quickie lunch I made today...  Roasted veggie pizza.


I roasted all the veggies the other day, so I can use them for anything and everything all week.  I just took a tortilla, topped it with some pizza sauce, the veggies and some mozzarella cheese.  Baked it on my pizza stone and there it is. 

Delish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment